Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Adoption Journey: Part 2

I was not sure if I wanted to write about our adoption journey or not because at times it gets to be such an emotional roller coaster ride but I wanted to be able to look back and see what God did in our lives and in the lives of the children we will someday have.

I thought that I would start with the second part of our journey. Phil and I just finished our second Foster/Adopt Home Study last week. We had to do a second one because we just moved into a different house (same town)and DSHS requires every home to pass an inspection.

I had been having doubts about getting our house licensed this time. In fact, Phil and I had just been talking about letting our license go and see if we would be able to have more children on our own. Maybe try adoption again at a later time in life. I didn't know how I was feeling about all of that until we got a phone call two weeks ago and it was CPS calling to see if we would be able to take a little baby. I said yes right away but then I told the social worker that our home had not had an inspection yet. He said that he could not place the baby with us because the State is so picky about those kinds of details (rightfully so) and they would have to place the baby with someone else. Do you know that our other house was licensed for a year and we did not have one call!!! Now that we had a little gap, we were unable to take this tiny little baby! Needless to say we got on the ball and got our home ready for more children. Now I know how I feel about letting it go... I don't want to and I don't think that God will let me.

I am excited to see who God brings into our home and what our family will look like in the next few years!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I just found you from Becky's blog and have read just a few posts so far. My husband and I also live in Washington (the western side) and I have been interested in how the foster care/adoption through DSHS works. We are currently in the process of adopting our first child from Liberia, but we know that we will be adopting again.
I'll be keeping an eye on your blog :)

Sarah